We understand our imperative is to keep you as fully informed as possible about:
- The nature of the data we collect
- Why we collect this data
- The ways in which we process data and how we use it
- Our intentions, procedures and actions, and the specific interests to which these relate
We understand it is our imperative to:
- Process data with the utmost accuracy and proficiency in relation to your specific, legitimate interests
- Respect your right to erasure if the processing is no longer relevant to these interests
- Ensure we secure information to the highest standard
Crosswater Limited is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Crosswater Limited may change this policy by updating this page, and we recommend you visit our page from time to time. However, we will ensure that you are always fully informed and kept up to date about the ways in which we are currently collecting and processing your information and that you understand our most up-to-date policies and procedures. This policy is effective from 25 May 2018.The EU GDPR 2018 places obligations on us to process your information fairly and lawfully and to communicate our obligations, interests, policies and procedures with clarity. For the purposes of GDPR, the data controller is Crosswater Limited, Lake View House, Rennie Drive, Dartford, Kent DA1 5FU, UK.
Records Management: what we collect and why we collect it
The website uses various tracking cookies and forms to collect information which is all held securely whilst legitimate interest is still valid. Below are the types of data collected and reasons why we collect it:
Information you give us:
This is information that you give us by filling in a form on our website during either checkout or registration, this includes information given whilst registering over the phone or via email. The following data is collected:
- Name, email address, phone number and any corresponding contact details that you enter
- Delivery details, shipping details and any corresponding data that you enter
- Account details specific to the trade customer e.g. job title, company name etc
- Demographic details and preferences if entered.
Information that we collect about you:
This is information that is collected through automated cookies on the website. The following data is collected:
- Technical information including your ip address, location, time zone settings, browser type, operating systems and any corresponding data.
- Further demographic data such as interest, age and any corresponding data collected via Google Analytics.
- Website behaviour including click through rates, time spent on the website, acquisition to the website, ecommerce activity within our website and any corresponding data collected via Google Analytics.
We collect your data so that we can:
- Keep you up-to-date with our product range, new product offerings and any offers we may be promoting in relation to our products
- Fulfil orders for products you may place with us
- Make recommendations so that you, as our customer, can make the most appropriate commercial decisions
- Learn more about you, so that we can help you develop your business
- Build and foster the relationship between ourselves and you as a customer
We do not store card details on our website, the website sends your card details directly to the secure bank servers and no card details are saved on the website or viewed by employees or any additional third-party organisations. We urge you to always check that you are on our official website so we can guarantee your security.
Legitimate Interest and when we no longer need to hold your data
Our legitimate interest in the use of your data, and our processing of it, lies in protecting and enhancing the commercial, business and financial interests of our customers – and these interests only:
• There is no processing of data that is necessary outside of these interests, nor does processing take place outside of the relationship with our customers; this entails the immediate removal of personal data, once the purposes for its processing, i.e. the business relationship, is no longer considered by us to be active
• This remains the only pretext for processing, and we must ensure that our processes and procedures are proficient with respect to this, and the interests of our customers
• Our retention of data, and periods of retention, are specifically defined by these interests, but we nonetheless may exercise a maximum retention period in some circumstances, even if the business relationship is still active
How we handle your information
We will observe the rights granted to you under applicable privacy and data protection laws and will ensure that queries relating to privacy issues are promptly and transparently dealt with –and that you are fully aware of our most up-to-date policies, procedures and intentions. We will only collect your information where we have lawful grounds and legitimate business reasons to do so. We will be transparent in our dealings with you and will tell you in full about how we will collect your information.
Data sharing and right of access: controlling your personal information
We may share information provided by you, either verbally or in writing, among the different companies forming the Bathroom Brands Group of companies , including Crosswater Limited, or with third parties, such as recognised distributors of our products.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the below address. We will promptly review and correct any information found to be incorrect.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the EU GDPR 2018. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us or write to us at Lake View House, Rennie Drive, Dartford, Kent DA1 5FU, UK, marked for the attention of the Data Protection Officer
What we do with the information we gather
We will use your information for:
- Internal record keeping - as far as we need to fulfil our obligations to a customer
- Improve our products and services
- Managing or developing our business interests as a supplier of bathroom furniture and fittings which specifically we consider our legitimate interests (see above)
- Keep in touch where there is a legitimate interest to do so
How long we keep your information
We will have gathered and processed your personal data as a user of one or more of our websites, as a customer or as a member of the staff of one of our customers. GDPR recognises that we will therefore have an interest in retaining this if it remains a legitimate interest to do so.
• We will keep the information that is necessary to enable us to provide a customer with a service or supply of products or if longer for so long as a customer is considered by us to be an active customer
•We will delete any personal information for which we no longer have a legitimate interest
• There may be a delay where we are unaware this legitimate interest has passed, and we would ask that you inform us of a change in circumstance relevant to this. (EG You may leave your position and that may remove the legitimate interest upon which we previously stored your personal data)
This section explains our policy regarding any personal information you might supply to us when you visit our website.
Once you choose to provide us with personally identifiable information (any information by which you may be identified –see our definition below), by agreeing to the terms and conditions for our website, you can be assured that it will only be used to support your customer relationship with us.
We define personal data as information, separately and/or in combination, and either in isolation or arranged in such a way, that would lead to the unique identification of, and distinguishes, an individual: directly or indirectly.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure as is practicable. Unfortunately, the transmission of information and data via the internet is not completely secure –but we have put in place our best steps to assure security. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place the best possible physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these third-party websites, please note that they will have their own privacy statements and we do not accept any responsibilities or liability for these statements.
Want to get rid of cookies or change your cookie settings?
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can prevent cookies from being stored on your computer or device by setting your browser to not accept cookies. Some browsers provide a mode where cookies are always deleted after a visit. The exact instructions for changing your cookie settings can be found in the ‘Help’ section of your browser. You can delete cookies already on your computer or device at any time. If you choose not to accept cookies at all, you can still visit our website, however, when cookies are disabled, we cannot guarantee an optimum experience and there may be content that is not available.